- Auger drilling results confirm gold mineralisation across the three broad areas within the Yarbu Gold Project identified in the 2021 first pass Auger drillng1
- Potential new target area identified in the northern region of the tenement package with a new gold-in-soil result of 92.7 ppb Au
- New infill Auger results confirms surface anomalism identified in 2021 which is still believed to be associated with fold hinges and fold limbs
- Areas 1, 2 and 3 confirmed to be anomalous in gold
- Area 1 gold-in-soil confirmed with associated arsenic anomalism
- Area 2 now 1.4km by 0.7km with coincidental arsenic anomalism
- Area 3 confirmed soil-in-soil anomalism but more defuse than the 2021 results
- Areas 4 towards the north of the tenement package contains 92.7ppb Au
- Next step is to follow up Auger anomalisms with Aircore drilling once government approvals are received
- Yarbu Gold Project is located in a highly prospective location along the Marda-Diemals Greenstone Belt, adjacent to Ramelius Resources (ASX: RMS) Marda Gold Project
Twenty Seven Co. Limited (ASX: TSC) (“TSC” or “the Company”) is pleased to provide an update on results from the recently completed Auger drilling campaign at the Company’s 100% owned Yarbu Gold Project, located approximately 160km NE of Southern Cross in WA’s Gold Fields.
Commenting on the results, Non-Executive Chairman Rohan Dalziell said:
“This latest auger campaign confirms gold mineralisation across the three broad areas within the Yarbu Project and has tightened the area of gold-in-soil anomalism identified in 2021. This allows our technical team to accurately review and confidently plan drilling programs with the aim of identifying further gold mineralisation at depth. Follow-up aircore drilling will be undertaken across priority target areas in due course.”
Yarbu Auger Drilling Campaign Summary
The Auger drilling campaign comprised a total of 348 drill holes for 535m, with 331 samples assayed for gold plus 49 other elements using Lab West in Perth, using their low-level UltraFine fraction technique which delivers highly sensitive analysis of gold and multi-elements in the ultrafine (<2µm) fraction of soil samples and the final 17 samples assayed using Aqua Regia with ICP-MS or ICP-OES finish due to the lack of fine fraction material in the samples. The holes are on either a 400 x 400m grid to infill the 2021 holes and/ or 200 x 400m to infill the lines, which gives a total coverage of 200m sample by 400m line.
Figure 1: 2021 and 2022 Auger samples with the RTP_tile_Eshade magnetics underneath
Results of up to 92.7 ppb gold were received from the program amongst a background level of 10-15 ppb gold. Results from the recent sampling have confirmed the anomalous zones already identified.
This campaign successfully confirmed the presence of several anomalies already identified across the Yarbu Project area, and generated a further anomaly, which can be subdivided in to four broad areas:
- Area 1 appears to show a gold in soil response that is ~1,400 x 700m in dimension and appears to have associated zinc and molybdenum. Area 1 was originally 1.9km by 1.4km but now due to the infill auger sampling which has taken place on a tighter grid, the area of anomalism has been reduced which aids in planning future drilling. Originally area 1 was 1.9 by 1.4km but now due to the infill sampling which has taken place on a tighter grid the area of anomalism has been reduced to ~1,400 by 700m.
- Areas 2 and 3 are adjacent to the Clampton North Prospect which was identified by Polaris Metals (“Polaris”) in the early 2000’s. Polaris identified Clampton North by defining a ~1,000 x 200m Auger anomaly containing a >100ppb gold core over an area of ~200m x 100m in size, to the west of E77/2442. The central portion of this anomaly appears to be associated with both limbs (East and West limbs) and a hinge zone of at least two major folds. The limbs of this fold can be clearly seen in the recently reprocessed magnetics as well as historical geochemical sampling undertaken by Polaris.
- Area 4 is a discrete gold anomaly with coincidental arsenic, lead and zinc that measures 1,500 x 600m.
Assays from the infill Auger program along with the original 2021 program have returned strong Au anomalism in several Auger holes with grades up to 164 ppb Au supported by multi – element (As, Pb and Zn) geochemistry.
Figure 2: Tenement location
Figure 3: 2022 sample points with grid colored by Au ppb
Figure 4: 2022 sample points with grid colored by As ppm
Near-Term Exploration Plans:
The following work programmes are planned for TSC’s WA and NSW tenement portfolios:
- Yarbu Gold Project: Undertake full review of geochemical sampling from 2021 and 2022 and ascertain the best location for AC drilling.
- NSW portfolio: Undertake soil and rock chip sampling programme over the northern end of Perseus, Southern end of Trident and Eastern side of Midas.
- Mt Dimer Gold and Silver Project: All options currently being assessed by TSC.
- Rover Gold Project: Undertaking review of all results to ascertain what the next steps will be and work closely with RTX on the northern Rover Project area
- ASX: TSC: 12th July 2021: Large gold-in-soil anomalism identified at Yarbu Gold Project in WA