- Auger drilling program designed to infill 2021 gold-in-soil results previously announced by TSC 1
- ~330 holes to be drilled in and around the highest priority anomalies defined to date including a large 1.9km by 1.4km anomaly with up to 164ppb gold in soil
- Several anomalous zones (>20ppb gold) have been identified with coincidental lead ± zinc. The distribution of these elements supports the geological model whereby mineralisation is present along fold limbs and within fold hinges
- Previous anomalies highlight complex structural settings within the Yarbu tenements – broader Yarbu project area remains largely underexplored
- TSC has appointed a Kalgoorlie based drilling contractor to undertake the infill auger drilling campaign
- Yarbu is located in a highly prospective location along the Marda-Diemals greenstone belt, adjacent to Ramelius Resources (ASX:RMS) Marda Gold Project
Commenting on the follow-up drilling campaign, CEO Simon Phillips said:
“We are pleased to be back on the ground at Yarbu to further explore several anomalies identified across what remains a largely underexplored part of the Marda-Diemals Greenstone Belt. Our maiden auger program, completed in July 2021, confirmed gold mineralisation across three broad areas and this follow-up up program will aim to define potential targets for deeper drilling. We look forward to providing further updates on Yarbu and other opportunities within TSC’s exploration pipeline over the coming weeks.”
Twenty Seven Co. Limited (ASX: TSC) (“TSC” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that a follow-up auger drilling program is scheduled to commence shortly at the Company’s Yarbu Gold Project located approximately 160km NE of Southern Cross and 90km NW of TSC 100% owned Mt Dimer Gold and Silver Project.
Yarbu Drilling Program Summary
The program will comprise ~330 vertical drill holes to test and infill bedrock geochemical signatures identified from previous auger drilling reported by TSC in April 20211. Local drilling contractor, Gyro Australia has been reappointed to undertake the program.
Drilling will utilise a low environmental impact landcruiser mounted auger drilling rig (see Figure 1 below) which will drill to approximately 2-3m depth, depending on penetration across the areas of anomalisms previously reported.
All samples will be assayed at Lab West in Perth using their low-level UltraFine fraction technique which was developed through CSIRO/MRIWA research project M462 and delivers highly sensitive analysis of gold and multi-elements in the ultrafine (<2µm) fraction of soil samples.
The Board anticipates receiving the full assays by late May 2022 due to the unprecedented backlog at all labs in WA currently.
Figure 1: Auger sampling underway at the Yarbu Gold Project
Figure 2: RTP_Pseudo and RTP2VD magnetic maps showing tenements, regional gold prospects and the 2021 and 2022 auger sample point locations
Figure 3: RTP_Pseudo and RTP2VD magnetic maps with the gold-in-soil heat map as well as the 3 anomalous areas.
The following work programs are currently underway and/or planned for TSC’s WA gold portfolio:
- Yarbu Gold Project: Analyse pending assay results from the Yarbu auger drilling campaign and identify any areas of mineralisation/ anomalism for follow-up exploration and drilling activity.
- Mt Dimer Gold and Silver Project: All options currently being assessed by TSC.
- Rover Gold Project: Awaiting final multi element and 1m gold results. Results are due in the next few weeks due to the lab back log in reporting assay results. Once these results are finalised further planning will be undertaken.
Figure 4: Yarbu tenement location in relation to the Marda Greenstone belt – Southern Cross and Mt Dimer
- ASX: TSC: 16 April 2021, Gold in soil Anomalies Identified at Yarbu Project